Upholstery Class : Week 3

This week I finally started to see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. My chair is actually starting to look like a real chair, and I'm so excited! We only have one more class to go, and I'm hoping and praying that I can actually finish in the time allotted--fingers crossed!

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post which fabric I had picked.  The winner is Expedition Coral from Calico Corner's Allora Collection.  I chose a solid colored fabric for contrast welting, and I'm extremely pleased with the look thus far.


Pics from Week 3:
Burlap & Padding
Sewing (...check me out!) welt cord.
It's starting to look like a REAL chair!
Cindy's chair.





Also this weekend, I attended City Wide Garage Sale at Palmer Events Center, here in Austin. I'd never been before, so I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into. Minus the slew of eclectic vendors and patrons, I had a great time perusing the vintage wares, and I even found a few items to bring home with me.  (If you're in the market for vintage costume jewelry--this is the place for you!) I'd compare it to a much smaller, climate-controlled, Wimberley Market Days.  Admission is only $5, and it's well worth it--if only for the people watching.

Along with some vintage gold necklaces (that were $5 each!), I snagged this gem for only $35. The upholstered seat is in great condition, so I think I might just give it a nice coat of white spray paint, and keep the upholstery as-is.