Weekend Recap

via iPhone pictures (because I'm fancy like that).

First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate my dear friends Ellen & Bobby on their newest addition, Baby Kate! I love this little nugget already, and I haven't even met her yet.

Big yawn! 



Another friend had milestone celebration this week as well, Natalie got hitched! The reception was held at the Driskill Hotel here in Austin, and in one word, it was stunning. This pictures doesn't do the glitzy glam justice, but just imagine lots of sparkle. Complete with mirrored tables, ghost chairs, sequined table clothes, and a whole lot of fabulous. Congrats to the very happy couple! 
 


Sunday morning, I trekked to IKEA to battle the crowds (not recommended). I went in search of a new chest of drawers, as my current dresser situation is busting at the seams. It's time for an upgrade! My old dresser will be moved to the guest room, and now this bad boy lives in its place. Rob put it together all by his lonesome last night--and our sanity and relationship is still in tact. Success!  The knobs will soon be replaced with something much more fantastic...I just have to figure out what. I'm thinking a coat of gold spray paint will probably do the trick--it always does!


And now, for the coup de grace. My friend Meghan, so very graciously helped me organize my closet. No, it's not what most normal people do on a Friday night, but since when have you known me to be normal? This has been on my 'to do' list for a very long time, and it's such a sigh of relief to have it done! I cleaned out a about a quarter of my wardrobe and donated it to the Bastrop Wildfire Victims--which is such a good feeling!  I now present you with the before (don't judge me)....and AFTER! It's a miracle.