Pumpkin Painting Party

Earlier this week I hosted our annual Pumpkin Painting Party at my house.  While I'm not a super huge fan of the whole costumes, haunted houses, trick-or-treating aspects of the holiday, I do love to decorate and paint pumpkins!  Halloween is a true sign that the holidays are upon us...whether we're ready or not.

Here's my 'tablescape' for the evening.  I think Sandra Lee would be proud, no? The table runner is simply fabric from IKEA that I trimmed down.  An old vanity tray made the perfect candle holder (of which I filled with candy corn), and glittered skulls flanked each end of the table.  
We noshed on 'mummified' pigs in a blanket, 'deviled' eggs (I used red bell peppers as horns), baked brie with a cherry topper, and other tasty morsels. Thanks to Cindy for catering the occasion! :) Libations included red wine, red champagne with "blood" orange juice mixers--and of course, Pinot Grigio. And no bar is complete without stripey straws!
After we got our creative juices flowing (read: drank some wine), we headed to the garage to begin crafting our masterpieces. I gave everyone a 'station,' and immediately reverted back to my days of teaching art classes to five and six year old children.  After a few bottles of wine, we act like 5 year olds--so it was on par. (Please notice Mary Elen's keen ability to spray paint whilst holding her champagne glass...true talent.)
I attempted to create an 'ombre' pumpkin, and somehow ended up with what looked more like a Breast Cancer Awareness pumpkin.  So guess who just killed two birds with one crafty stone? This girl.  I simply spray painted the top white, the middle a lighter shade of hot pink, and the bottom the darkest shade. While the paint was still wet, I took a damp sponge and tried to blend the colors together.
Here are a few of the girls' finished products.  Thanks ladies, for such a fun evening!  Until next year!