DIY: Fabric Garland

Yesterday morning, I shared some extremely easy decorating ideas for your next shower or party on Good Day Austin. A simple project that I've made for recent events that I've styled is this insanely easy fabric garland.  As mentioned in yesterday's segment, fabric garland adds a 'little something extra' to a plain table or bar cart. 

There are a million different types of fabric garland DIYs out there, however I came up with this one using items I already had in my 'craft arsenal'--and it cost less than $5 to make! 

Supplies: 
For this garland, I cut the fabric into approximately 2" x 15" strips.  For a more dramatic effect, you can cut the strips longer.  You can also use ribbon in place of fabric, however it will require way more yardage and boost your cost exponentially.   [Tip: Check Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, etc. website before your purchase your fabric, as they always have coupons you can download to your phone!]
Decide how long you want your garland to be, and cut your tulle.  For example, I was planning to swag an 8' table, so I made my garland 9.5' and used about 1.5 yards of fabric.  Simply tie your strips of fabric along the tulle, leaving a few inches of tulle at each end.

I spaced fabric knots about a half inch apart, but if you want a more full look, space them closer together. I made this garland solid navy, but mixing fabric colors and prints would be a great option too! For a most rustic party, I used jute / burlap and it looked great. 

I simply swagged and pinned [using small safety pins] the garland on the underside of a table cloth, and voila!

Check back tomorrow for another super simple shower decor idea! 

Also, tomorrow is the last day to enter the Ethan Allen Austin giveaway! Click here for your chance to win a $500 Ethan Allen Austin gift certificate1 

Labels: , ,