Mini King Cakes

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I thought I'd share a fun recipe I found [actually, I'm not even sure you can call it a recipe...] featuring one of my favorites--King Cake! Sadly, I can polish off an entire King Cake in one sitting, so this mini 'personal size' portion is just what I need!
All you'll need for this Mardi Gras treat is a can of Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls and colored sprinkles.  It's almost too easy...
Separate each roll, unroll it, and then fold in half.  Take the halved strip, twist it, and then form a circle to create each individual cake.  Pre-heat your oven to 350, and bake for 20 minutes.
Use the packaged icing to ice each cake, and then top them with Mardi Gras colored sprinkles.
Serve with your favorite breakfast cocktail and enjoy!  I garnished my Bloody Mary with some pickled favorites, including my mom's homemade pickled asparagus and 'Smokra' from this month's Besh Box.  For those of you not familiar with Besh Box--get familiar.  Curated by celebrity chef and Louisiana native, John Besh, each month's Besh Box includes one of Chef Besh's favorite recipes, tools, and ingredients to properly cook and entertain--the Cajun way.  
Click here to find out how I made this festive glittered champagne flute!  And I couldn't leave you without sharing Cindy's [my mom] Mardi Gras deer.  This gem greets you on their front porch, and you can't help but smile! There's no question where I can get my knack for decorating from...Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Labels: , , , ,