DIY: Personalized Catchall

Breaking News: I'm alive!  Despite my extreme lack of blogging over the past couple of months, I'm still here--and I'm still crafting!  Today, I'm excited to share that I have TWO new DIY kits now available at Darby Smart! The first of which is one of my personal favorites--and the perfect gift--the Monogrammed Clay Dish (you can see my original post and tutorial here.)  The second, which might just be my new favorite, is this personalized catchall.  Inspired by this Kate Spade tray, this little dish couldn't be easier to make and requires only THREE supplies. 
To ensure a clean surface, I quickly wiped down my dish with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball. Otherwise you can give it a quick rinse with warm water and a paper towel.  With your Sharpie, write the phrase of your choice [the options are literally endless.]  To seal the Sharpie, bake your dish in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Once the dish has cooled, simply trace the edge of the dish with your gold leaf pen. Let the paint dry completely before placing your treasures! 




Much like the monogrammed clay dish, this darling little catchall makes the perfect gift for bridesmaids, birthdays, Mother's Day, or whatever the occasion!

Since I've been a little M.I.A. lately--catch me up on what YOU have been crafting!  I'd love to hear your creative ideas!

Labels: , , , , ,