The State of the Blog


Tap, tap. Is this thing on?

First, I feel like I should apologize for the severe lack of posts in 2015 and the straight-up, non-existent posts in 2016, thus far!  But, after an embarrassing six-month hiatus from my beloved SP&C, like Britney, I'm baaaaack! I've never been one to discuss my "day job" on the blog or on social media, and that will continue to be the case, but I feel like I at least owe you somewhat of an explanation for the record-screeching, mic dropping exodus from the blog as of late!

In January of 2015 I started a new position.  I knew full and well going into my new role that the blog and TV segments would have to temporarily be put on the back burner so I that I could give my full attention and dedication to the challenge set before me.  However, I didn't realize just how much I would be challenged--and how time-consuming it would be! From planning, coordinating and executing over 200 events ranging from 10-person meetings with foreign dignitaries to 400+ person parties on the lawn, time for the blog (or anything else, for that matter!) was few and far between. I kept telling myself, "I'll pick it up back up when things slow down."

While things still haven't slowed down, I've finally gotten to a place where I feel as though I can have a (very) full-time job and a blog...and even a personal life, who knew?!  A lot has happened since I've been gone, and lots is ABOUT to happen -- so that means there's lots to blog about!

Over the past few months, I've quickly jotted down post ideas in my phone but if you have any suggestions or posts that you'd like to see, please, please share them in the comments below or shoot me an email!

Whew! All this blogging has made thirsty.  I think I'm going to go pour myself a tall glass of Sauvignon Blanc and toast to the "rejuvenation" of SP&C!

OH! One more thing...and you might want to sit down for this one.  Now that I'm back, I feel like I should be honest with you. I've been lying for almost six years.  I hate Chardonnay.  Like...hate it. When I started the blog in November of 2009, I was just a wee-wine drinker, and my palate was far from developed. But as the years have gone by, my taste in wine has changed--for the better--now, it's Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio all the way.  However, I think that we can all agree that "Spray Paint & Sauvignon Blanc" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

// SHOP THE LOOK //