2016 No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas


Earlier this morning on Austin's FOX7, I shared my no-carve pumpkin decorating ideas for this year, and as I've said before, a couple of them are probably my most favorite pumpkins yet! (Well, in addition to last year's Hobnail Milk Glass Pumpkin and 2014's Studded Pumpkin and Duct Tape Pumpkin).  Read below for more information about each idea.  If you missed this morning's segment, or aren't in the Austin area, scroll to the bottom to watch!

//  clock-wise from top left // 

Golden Pineapple Pumpkin - Hands down, my most favorite.  I shared the full tutorial yesterday, so you can get all of the details here.

Ribbon Bats - I saw this idea in the most recent Good Housekeeping, and thought (a)  it's perfect for Austin! and (b) it's so easy!  I simply cut black ribbon into 5.5" pieces, tied them in knots, and used black-tipped straight pins to put them on the pumpkin.

Marbled Mini Pumpkins - Would you believe these are balloons?!  I found marbled balloons at Michaels, cut off the ends and stretched them around these little micro pumpkins.  These would be great to put at a place setting.

Cactus Pumpkin - Another favorite! I shared the full DIY earlier this month on the blog, and you can get all the details here.

Disco Ball Pumpkin - All of the sudden, I've got 'Stayin' Alive' stuck in my head.  For this 70's inspired gourd, I simply spray painted the pumpkin silver, and glued large, silver sequins all over.

Happy Hallo-Wine Pumpkin - Scrapbook letters are one of the best DIY supplies out there. They're so versatile, and can be used way beyond the scrapbook.

Tissue Paper Pumpkin - Taking a cue from Pinterest, these tissue paper pumpkins seem to be everywhere, and they're also extremely easy to make.  With your favorite tissue paper and some Mod-Podge, you can quickly create a super fab pumpkin in no-time. I used some darling Sugar Paper for Target tissue paper that I had leftover from Christmas and painted the stem with some gold paint to finish it off. So easy!

Mirrored Pumpkin - I call this my "Lady Gaga Pumpkin." For some reason it just reminds of me of her!  I spray painted the pumpkin black and adorned it with some self-adhesive mirrored triangles from Hobby Lobby.  Quick, easy, and super chic.

For more fun, fall decorating ideas be sure to check out my Pinterest board.



Labels: , , , ,